The St. Louis Blues made a pair of moves last week by signing newly acquired forward Magnus Paajarvi to a two-year contract and defenseman Jay Bouwmeester to a five-year contract extension.
The Blues gave out a lot of money last week without actually signing their biggest restricted free agent, Alex Pietrangelo, and the guys from Fan Interference from CBS Sports 920 AM and insideSTL.com in St. Louis were joined by Norm Sanders of the Belleville News-Democrat to help further understand it all.
Sanders answered questions about:
- What he thought about the contracts themselves
- How Bouwmeester makes Pietrangelo a possible Norris Trophy candidate
- Where the pairing ranks among the best defensive pairings in the NHL
- How Paajarvi fits in the Blues lineup and
- How Jaroslav Halak is looking this off-season.
Check out the entire interview with Sanders below and follow him on Twitter (@normsanders)
- Domian Paving and Concrete, if you are in St. Louis and looking for a brand new patio or resurfaced driveway.
- KBTicketShop.com is the official ticket vendor of Fan Inteference. Visit them today for great Cardinals, Rams, Blues, Mizzou and concert tickets!
You can listen to Fan Interference every weeknight from 8-10 pm CT on CBS Sports 920 and insideSTL.com
Follow Fan Interference on Twitter @FI920am.
- St. Louis Blues ink Jay Bouwmeester to a five-year contract extension (stlsportsminute.com)
- St. Louis Blues sign goaltender Jake Allen to a two-year deal (stlsportsminute.com)
- St. Louis Blues re-sign Jordan Leopold to a two-year contract extension (stlsportsminute.com)
- Chris Stewart agrees to a two-year deal with the St. Louis Blues (stlsportsminute.com)